Monday, February 16, 2009

I must be dreaming


Patton and I after Fashion Week at Bryant Park!


Sometimes I can't believe I'm here and I'm just hanging out down by the Met and bopping around Times Square. I am unbelievably blessed.

This morning I woke up bright and early to work at the Carolina Herrera fashion show in Bryant Park. Oh. my. gosh. Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done. I met my friend Patton, from my class, outside and we went to get our credentials and found our way to the front runway. It was so cool being backstage- seeing all the models, all the clothes. And when we were just standing around waiting to be told what to do, Carolina Herrera comes out and is talking to people. Wow- she was so beautiful and it was so surreal to be that close to her. We met some of the other ushers and hung out til 9:30 when people started coming on. I got to stand at the front with a girl from the Fashion Institute of Technology. I saw all the people walking in and all of their fabulous clothes. Christian Soriano was there (Project Runway winner) and appparently some other people that I didn't see. There were so many photographers, and they freaked out when Nina Garcia came in (creative director of Marie Claire and is also on Project Runway). I talked to a few countesses and royalty and showed them to their seat, and I also showed Anna Wintour's ( editor of Vogue) security guy where she was sitting. I was a little afraid to meet her- she's the person they based Meryl Streep's character off of in the Devil Wears Prada- apparently she's looking for 2 new assistants.

Then the show started. I didn't get a very good seat, but I still saw the wonderful clothes. I really like her style- very classic but still very high fashion. All of the peices were like works of art. So ya, the show started, and 10 minutes later, it ended and everyone cleared out. It was kind of funny how quickly it went. Oh ya, and did I mention I got paid for this- super cool!

This weekend I just hung around- I explored the upper east side, and went to Central Park. That whole area is so cute and beautiful- I really love it. I also love walking in Central Park on Sundays. I also walked around down by my apartment which also a very cute area, although a little more funky. 3rd Avenue is fun and has some great thrift stores- which are quickly becoming my favorite thing to do.
Also, last week was a crazy one for work. I went on a school visit by myself (!) and also started a meeting because my boss was a little late. I felt good about them- although I also felt like I was kinda just making things up. We also had two events that I got to go to. One was at FAO Shwarz, and it was a Scholastic event. It's a new campaign called the "Clifford: Be Big" campaign. We brought kids to make valentines for Clifford, and to listen to a Clifford story, read by Debi Mazar (lady on Entourage). That was extremely cute and FAO Shwarz is definitely one of my favorite places in the city. We also had a fundraising event at Bloomingdales that night. In the accessories department, we had drinks and appetizers and basically anything that was bought, we got 10%. I don't think we made much money, but it was fun to be at. I got to hang out and meet some of the board people and other uppity ups in the biz.

So... basically I am in love with New York!! I am getting so excited for all the people to come visit too- I can't wait!

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment