Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!!

So... as of last night we have lights in our family room/kitchen area!! It is so exciting, but it seems to be so bright. We don't really know what to do with ourselves. Also, the other day, we went to TJ Max and got creative with our decorating skills. I now have a light in my room too. I bought a lantern thing and we went to home depot and bought light bulbs and a thing that plugs into the extension cord outlet that the bulb can plug into. That probably sounds a little confusing, but basically I have a light now. Also, I bought a shelf for five dollars and I hung my posters in my room. I have also created some tables out of our moving boxes. Last night, we hung up a bunch of black and white pictures from the internet above the couch in the family room. Our apartment is starting to look more like a home! Now, the next issue of business is the sink. It seems to be clogged... and we haven't been able to fix it. Small issue, but I'm sure it will get figured out.

On the working girl front, this week has been pretty laid back. Since we had our huge event Monday (which went really well) I've had two days off this week. We worked from 1-11pm on Sunday and 6:30 am-2 pm Monday so we definitely needed a break. Oooh- something exciting- I got my first cab by myself!! I put my arm out and it came right up to the curb. I was very proud of myself. :) I was put to work making lots of posters and signs, since apparently my bubble letter/free hand skills are commendable. The link below is to the clip of our event on Mtv- the posters that are hung up were made by yours truly :) Another really exciting thing that happened this week was the free stuff I got at work!! I got some awesome free hats donated by Anthropologie, and apples and bagels, which were left over from the event. Needless to say, yesterday was a very exciting day.

In the next coming weeks, Amanda and I are trying to plan lots of fun stuff to do. We're going out next week to a restaurant that is discounted because of restaurant week that's going on right now. We're going to go with the other two from our class. On Sunday we're going to go to an orchestra concert at Carnegie Hall- student tickets are 10$!! We're also going to go to a gallery opening on Saturday. Let's see.. last weekend we went out with our new friend, Ramona. We went to two bars for her friends' birthdays. Also, during the day, we went to the dollar store, and on the way back we found this cute, cheap boutique. We were so tempted to get some shoes, but the weight of our bags from the dollar store kept us away... probably a good thing :)

Also- my camera is on its way!! I'm so excited to get it- and I will be posting pictures very soon.

ciao :)

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/333661/martin-luther-king-jr-day-a-day-of-service.jhtml#id=1603059

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly, It is just like being there. Can't wait to see the pics. We are getting ready for our big trip tomorrow. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ked...Love the Blog...you are a natural. Keep us posted with photos as well. You should be getting the camera today. Your doorman should have it for you!

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete